10/12/2009

Trick or Treat

So many surprises.

It snowed over the weekend. I know that makes some people really happy but it's a little too early for me. Luckily its already melting.

Last Thursday I had an increasing back ache all day at work. I thought it was funny that I just couldn't get comfy. It has been that way for a few days and was worse on Thursday. I already had an appointment scheduled for that afternoon so I just dealt with it. I went to my appointment. The good news was that I wasn't diabetic. The bad news was my backaches had actually been labor all day. My cervix which they measure and had been awesome 2 weeks before was suddenly shrinking. They sent me over to the hospital straight from the doctor's office and called Chris to meet me there.

By the time they got me admitted and in bed, I was already dilated to 2 cm.

We watched the Nebraska vs. Missouri football game while they tried different medicines and combos to try to get the labor to stop. Nothing worked. At 5:30 I was getting the feeling like I wanted to push and they checked me again. I was fully dilated and ready to go. No turning back or stopping.

Chris and I were in the operating room and into recovery within an hour. Both babies were out. They actually have the same birthday - 10/9/09 at 6:17 a.m. Payton is technically 20 seconds older.

They are pretty little, having delivered at 26 weeks. But my two little turkeys are pretty stable and holding their own down in the NICU. The nurses all already know that he's quiet and a sweetie and she's the antsy one.

We're hoping to go home tomorrow, mostly so mom and dad can be more comfy. Not that we're looking forward to leaving them here. But we know that there's no better place for them to be right now.

So any extra good baby vibes, prayers, thoughts, sparkles or whatever you have would be most appreciated. Please point them to beds 4 & 5 in the NICU.

No comments:

Post a Comment