9/27/2013

Inspiration

4 years ago I looked like this...

I had no idea that things were going to change in a few days and soon, my life would look like this...
Parker - 5 days old. The day he was transferred to UNMC for a bowel perforation weighing less than 2 pounds. 

Payton, - 9 days old. Her first time being held at 1.5 pounds. 

6 months later I was a little lost. A year later, I didn't want anyone else to feel lost that had to go down this road. After an early morning meeting over bad coffee and greasy hash browns, I had an idea and one of my best friends did not think I was crazy. In fact, she said she was in on it. And so, my next baby was born with her help...

Then I got another push to take it further. So last year I took another step. I finished that step this week, completeing my degree...BS in Nonprofit Management. 

The week my last class started, Quiet Light was the cause at the Omaha Baby Fair. We saw a couple thousand moms and were able to tell them that if they have a day when the unexpected happens, they aren't alone, they don't have to be lost. The last day of class, I met with a new preemie mom who's having some struggles and was just a little lost and needed someone to talk to. I would say that this one perfect way to come full circle. 

Get ready kiddos, we're going to go far. 




P.S. Kristin - thank you for believing in my idea. You helped make this happen. 

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing trip it has been. Congratulations Amy, Chris, Payton and Parker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are going to well! I'm Heather and I have a question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete