9/08/2010

If it's not one kid, it's the other

We have Parker's surgery rescheduled. It's now next Thursday the 16th. Of course I have to try my hardest to keep him healthy between now and then. All the same stuff will apply - we're spending the night at the hospital, will probably be first on the list of patients that day. And I have to get back to the military precision or organizing the troops so everyone knows where they have to be when to accomodate the kiddos and their schedules.

I got a call yesterday from Respite Care - Payton's sick. As I started to groan in the phone, the nurse laughed at me. They are feeling my pain. Payton was running a fever up to 102. Even though Respite Care takes care of medically fragile kids and can handle sicknesses, you can't take one there that is sick with an infection or fever because you expose the other kids to something they may not be able to handle. So Payton has to stay home until she's 24 hours fever free without the help of Tylenol. So back to the drawing board. In an effort to get a little time in at work, I took Parker to Respite Care, and arranged for Aunt Bo to come stay with Payton a few hours this morning. I only had to promise coffee be made and to feed her lunch. Then I will go home and take Payton with me later to pick up Parker. He's getting therapy today and I didn't want him to miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment