1/25/2015

January Sunshine (and few updates)

In the midst of all the crazy lately, Payton seems to be responding to her infusion therapy. They told us it would be 3 months before anything was decided. Well 3 months out and she hasn't had any infusions in 2 months. Her numbers are inching up little by little and we've been able to back off of her magnesium and cyclosporin. Yay! And I don't have to give her Neupogen shots at night any more - fingers crossed it stays that way. She does NOT like having to get her pokes at home.




Saturday we spent a few hours at the zoo. The sunshine and fresh air felt good. And we got to see the new baby giraffe who is soooo cute.




Tonight, Parker got upset about having his gtube. This topic is coming up a lot lately and seems to be a major source of anxiety for him. Tonight he wanted to know what super hero has one. Since not everyone has a gtube, and not everyone has super hero powers, they must be kind of like the same thing. So if anyone has some ideas for a super hero with a gtube, let me know!

Payton tonight had a breakthrough. As she saw a minute of the start of the Miss Universe pageant, she went on like this -
"Aren't those ladies so beautiful. I want to be like that when I get older and wear a fancy dress like that. But I don't know what I'm going to do! I want to be an animal doctor, a doctor for kids, a zookeeper, a firefighter and work in the clinic. I don't know how I'm supposed to do all of those things if there is only one of me!!"

Changes...big changes...are happening soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment