8/14/2009

Ouchy

We had an appointment yesterday. All the normal stuff, and now they've started to measure my tummy too. Then came the fun part. For at least the next 15 weeks I have to get a weekly progesterone shot. The nice part is that it can be done at home, we don't have to go into the office every time.

Chris went with me to the appointment so he could learn how to give me the shots.
When the nurse started to teach him, I told him "you didn't know you were going to get to play doctor today did you?". I don't think the nurse thought that was too funny. After some instruction on how to work the syringes and how much to draw into it, he was ready - they let him give me the shot instead of watching.

It stung a little bit going in but really wasn't too bad. Within about 30 minutes it started to sting. Remember being a kid and having to go in for your booster shots and how bad that hurt, that's what it feels like now.

1 week down, 15 weeks to go

1 comment:

  1. You know, you could raffle chances at work to be the one to give you your shots. Lots of qualified people there.

    Remember which side got it this week. Next week use the other side.

    ReplyDelete