4/27/2010

Inspiration

I've been thinking a lot lately about the past almost 7 months. Months and months in the NICU at 2 hospitals. Things that we went through with Parker and Payton and what I saw other families go through while we were there. I wonder what happened to a lot of those babies. Are they home now? Are they still in the hospital? Were their parents prayers for quiet days answered? I remember that - praying to not get a phone call. Sometimes it worked...sometimes it didn't.

Now, we are home. Parker has been home for over 2 months. It's been crazy but I can't imagine what it would be like if we'd had more complications or if we were still there. One nice thing that happened while we were there was getting a micro-preemie parent care package. It made me cry. It came from people who had had micro-preemie twins themselves. The smallest, most unexpected things made me crumble - thinking that someone else understood where we were and lived to see the other side of it.

Well now, we are on the other side of it. Now, I would like to return the favor to other parents who are going through their own NICU rollercoaster.

Coming soon...


         Special Delivery
     Supporting Families
      With NICU babies

No comments:

Post a Comment