3/02/2011

1-1

We're 1-1...1 sick kiddo, 1 well kiddo

I got the call Thursday morning from respite care - "Amy, Payton is sick. You'll have to come pick her up." Ugh. So I took off from work and went to pick them both up and go home for the day. She couldn't keep anything in - either end. Yuck! It got so bad Thursday night, I had to dunk her in the tub to clean her up while she was screaming at me for not feeling good and Parker was screaming at me because I left him in the living room by himself and he chased me with his backpack on.

A short term fever Friday when she stayed home with dad, a weekend of her being totally blah and not wanting to eat anything and by Monday afternoon I'd had enough. We went to the doc. He checked her over, nothing else going on. He could test for different flu viruses, but why? No reason to make her more mad and she wasn't dehydrated or anything. She screamed the whole time he checked her out, Parker cried because sister was mad. Fun times. And you realize when the doc says that her puking for 5 days is the healthiest he's seen her in a really long time, just how chronically sick your kids are.

I kept her home yesterday just as a precaution. There were 14 kids out of respite care Monday for being sick. The doc said he'd seen lots of flu, pneumonia and RSV. Great. They had had to admit 3 kids directly to the hospital from the office in the past week. So glad that wasn't us this time.

She was happy to go back this morning. She squealed when she saw her girls who were very happy to see her too. She's a little unsteady and sleepy still but hopefully she'll have a good day. And mom can get some laundry and cleaning done. And keep my fingers crossed Parker doesn't get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment