3/30/2011

A moment break

There's a therapist from Immanuel that has worked with some of our residents. Rachel was also mom's lymphadema therapist after her surgeries. In January, she was in a severe car accident and has been in a coma since. She has two little boys that are at home with dad trying to make a new way.

I've never met Rachel personally. But I know of her, that no one has anything but wonderful things to say about her. I know that she is the same age as me. I have seen the therapists at work, heard the nurses discussing whether she can come to our building for therapies, read her husbands Caring Bridge page about his struggles while he tries to find his way through this almost impossible situation. I know that for all the grief the family is going through, they will never know the amount that other people are caring, praying, grieving as well. Sitting  on this side of a traumatic, impossible situation has given me pause and a few tears during the past 2 months.

On Saturday, they are having a fundraiser for Rachel and her family. If you wake up feeling like having pancakes, this might be the place to go instead of Village Inn. If pancakes aren't in your plans, if you have a spare prayer for Rachel and her family, that would be great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment