8/07/2011

Special Sweet Spot

I took the duo to my dads this afternoon to drop off an early birthday present. As the kiddos played on the patio, we chatted about things. Part of the conversation turned to my grandma's estate. She passed away a couple weeks ago.

I took the twins to visit her a just a week or so before she passed away. She bragged to her roommate about them which made me smile. I was never able to take them to her house because of the number of people that smoke there. You mix that with babies with bad lungs and it just doesn't work. Every few weeks I ordered pictures for her and had them sent to her house. Lots of times I would get a message or a card thanking me and that getting the little surprise in the mail made her day. Who doesn't like getting surprise packages in the mail?

Before I left my dad's, he handed me a photo album that she had put all those pictures. The ones on the first page are from their first days, when you can hardly tell there's a baby under all those tubes and wires. The book still had some empty pages at the back that never had the chance to get filled. I'm gonna make sure they do and we'll look at them (looking at pictures is one of Payton's favorite things). It brought smiles and tears to see she had that and know she showed people.

We weren't quite ready for you to go, but it's always nice to have another angel watching over us. Thanks for the pictures. We miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment