8/23/2011

Sleeping beauties...sort of

So we are rapidly approaching the twins 2nd birthday. And then I think...that means it's been about 2 years since I slept. They have never slept through the night. Not once. Never. Ever. A good night is them each only waking up once per night. They never wake up at the same time. They don't wake each other up. Most nights, its completely normal for them to wake up 2 twice a night each. Ugh.

Another issue is that they've never slept in a crib. Never. Ever. Since they came home, they like to sleep on the floor in a pile of pillows and blankets. Which is fine. They just need to sleep. About a week ago Chris took down their cribs. Since they're still so little, if we could ever get them to sleep on their mattresses I worry they would try to get up and come looking for us and faal out of bed. So for now, their mattresses are on the floor and we'll wait a while to get toddler beds.



Bedtime is easily a 2 hour show also. No matter what I've tried, if I can get them to fall asleep in 2 hours, that's a pretty good night. And they very seldom are ever able to put themselves to bed. They just can't. And we've gone hours trying to make it happen. Trust me.

I've tried everything. We've had the same routine, down to the letter, for over a year. I've brought it up to every therapist and doctor we see and they all look at me with sympathy but no one has an solutions that we haven't tried.

So mommy is taking things into her own hands. I talked with another mom who has used herbal teething drops that help her little ones not just with teething but with resting. They're basically chamomille tea for babies. We tried those over the weekend. It worked in reverse. They went a little bonkers. Those drops are now in the drawer waiting for another time.

Wish us luck as we try another thing to see if it makes any difference. And hopefully we're all sleeping better soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment