1/25/2012

Eating, sleeping, and pooping

These are known as the things babies are famous for...or things that we have updates on. So grab a drink and here we go.

Eating - we finally had our meeting with the allergist about all Parker's procedures in November. He has eosinophilic esophagitis (EOS). These are the same type of cells that cause people to have asthma or hay-fever, but Parker has them in his esophagus. We've been put on two different medicines - one to spark more appetite hopefully, and an anti-reflux med - and then he'll be scoped and biopsied again in February to see the results. They are trying to determine which type of EOS he has to determine the next course of treatment for this. EOS in his esophagus can make it uncomfortable to swallow or irritated by any reflux symptoms.

Sleeping - This momma got some sleep! For Christmas, Chris gave me a gift certificate to have the night off and get a hotel room by myself. I also got gift certificates to get dinner while I was gone, and coffee on the way home. So last Friday, I went straight to my hotel room from work. I ate dinner in my jammies while it was still hot in one sitting without having to share with anyone. I watched crappy t.v. I slept. Since the kiddos still have yet to make it through the night all the way through without waking through the night, I hadn't had an uniterrupted nights sleep in 2 years, 3 months, and 13 days. It was fantastic! 

Pooping - Payton has suddenly started having some major problems. Major. This has all come on out of nowhere with no real explanation. We had to go check in with the doctor this morning. We had a physical examination by the med student and the pediatrician, then were sent on to rule anything out. A blood draw and quick x-ray ruled out anything awful so now we have a few new tricks to try. Hopefully we can avoid anymore screaming and horrible episodes. 

Half way through another week...one week closer to spring! Stay tuned...more on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment