3/11/2010

How did we get here?

I read something today about someone soaking in time with their kids and enjoying where they were and happily asking "how did we get here?" I like that question.

How did we get to have twins, who were 5 months old on Tuesday? How did we get to where we could bring both of them home? How did I become so well versed in all medical things related to the NICU and can hold a conversation and probably fake someone out that I"m a nurse there? How did we get to the point where I'm able to soothe and mostly handle the both of them at them same time? How did we get to where we're going baby PT and speech therapy at home because we paid that much attention at the hospitals? How did I get to where I'm brave enough to tell the kiddos that we're 'going on an adventure' and pack them and all equipment up in the car by myself and head out about town? Who knew?

But I wouldn't change it. This journey we've already been on together has made us our little family. This is how we got here and now we wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment