5/10/2011

The Mother's Day That Was

Mother's Day has come and gone - and I'm totally glad its gone. For no known reason my eyes popped open at 6:00 (so much for sleeping in). The first baby was up 45 minutes later, and promptly went over to smack the other in the head and wake them up (so much for quiet). We ate breakfast, and Parker promptly smeared food into his hair (so much for taking a bath 12 hours before). I took a shower, but had to do it with an audience of two peaking at me around the shower curtain and screaming and crying the entire time. A little while later the toilet overflowed...all over the bathroom. I had to get Chris up then because I couldn't fix the toilet and block the duo from playing in it at the same time. During the only 30 minutes the babies slept all day, I had to scrub the bathroom down from the overflow incident (so much for a break). Chris went to work. Parker screamed his head off for no known reason all day long. And then just when I had dried my tears of frustration and things were looking around, I dropped a bunch of the leftovers from the dinner we made with Grandma, Aunt Bo and Uncle Dave and they went all over the floor. The babies didn't go to sleep until almost 10:00. While rocking in the recliner trying to get them to calm down, Parker continued to spin and spin on my lap, causing his feeding tube to keep coming unhooked and leaking formula all over the both of us and soaking us and the chair.

So thanks for stopping by Mother's Day. Don't hurry back.

No comments:

Post a Comment