7/22/2011

Hello toddlerhood

I've been thinking alot lately about the kiddos turning 2. The summer is going very fast and it really will be here before you know it. Some days are so busy, so long, so much running, not enough running, that it all runs together and it's already the end of July!



When I picked up the duo from respite care earlier this week I was given a letter with all their papers. I didn't have a chance to read it until after 10:00 when Payton finally decided she would go to sleep. It was letting me know that for the next month they will be transititoning them to the toddler room, with them to be there full time by late August. What? Really??? I don't want them to! I know their rooms and the teachers so well that I don't want to start over. This was after a week of finding out three of their teachers were leaving - one is moving away, one is going back to college for the fall, the other is leaving for grad school in California. I don't really know if the kiddos notice they're gone but I sure do. Having three people who spend all day with them and love them almost as much as I do leave ended up tripping me up more than I expected. And now they want to move them to the toddler room?

I know they can't stay little forever...but if we can just take one small step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment