10/11/2010

Cake delivery

To celebrate the twins birthday I knew I had to do something for the people that have helped me take care of them since they came home, not to mention all the people at both NICUs. Those are the people that I still can't talk or think about without getting teary.

So we got birthday cakes. Abby (a.k.a. Aunt Bo) said she would help me deliver them if we could eat when we were done. We picked the cakes up at Hy-Vee and started at Respite Care, then went to my work. After that, we went to both hospitals. At Bergan, Payton's main nurse was working. "My Payton, you have pictures of my Payton!" was what Carla was yelling as she came through the door. They were so excited and had questions about how they were doing now. I promised to come visit when I wasn't delivering sheet cakes. Then we went to UNMC. There was NO parking. So I parked in front of the door, did a Chinese fire drill with Abby who drove around the block while I ran the cake upstairs.

It was a little hard to go visit the NICUs. That good ol' PTSD reared its ugly head. It got Abby too though, so I wasn't alone.

If you took care of my kiddos at first or do now, I can't say enough to possibly try to explain how much you're appreciated. You are all angles that helped bring home my two. THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment