10/07/2010

My last night of sleep

One year ago last night was my last night of sleep. I haven't slept much since then. (And it's a little ironic that I was up most the night with Parker last night.) I'm so excited for this weekend. It took alot to get to Saturday. ALOT. I know that and do not at all take that for granted. Thinking about it brings on a mix of smiles and tears. But the goal is to not linger in the tears, but be happy for how far the little monkeys have come. It's going to be a weekend of stuff - appointments today, football game tonight, appointments tomorrow, party on Saturday, hopefully naps on Saturday, and if the rain stays away our first trip to the pumpkin patch (I can probably find a giant pumpkin and put both of them inside of it), and our 1 year check-up on Monday morning.

That's right - get ready for some posts about the past year. You knew it would be coming. :) But I'll try to include plenty of pictures.

First order of big birthday plans - Abby (a.k.a. Aunt Bo) and I are playing cake fairies tomorrow and dropping off cakes to all the wonderful people that got Payton and Parker here.

1 comment:

  1. Just reading this, I'm completely overcome with excitement, and thinking back and looking at the future, getting teary eyed myself. Those two naughty monkeys are so special to me. Can't wait to celebrate with you this weekend! :)
    Love, Aunt Kristin

    ReplyDelete