5/02/2013

We Went, We Marched

This past Saturday we headed down down for March for Babies. I just didn't have it in me for all the work that comes with getting a big team together, fundraisers, etc. But we did go walk, we did get some donations and we went to be part. We ran into some of the nurses from Bergan that remembered us. We saw one of the kids' teachers who was there walking for her own preemie. Lots to see and do, lots of puppies to pet, it was a good time.

We made sure to check out the entire area before the walk actually started. The twins thought they should carb load to be ready.

They did a great job on the walk. So proud of them!




And just for a well rounded reminder of all the preemie stuff...we had to hit the ER Saturday evening with Parker. He lost his balance on the stairs and slid backwards down them on his tummy. For most kids, no big deal. For kids with g-button, that's a bad combo. He told me his button hurt. When I looked at it it was half pulled out. I couldn't get it out to change it and put a new one in and he was screaming like he never does. So him and I went to the ER for a little help.Since I had an extra button already and just needed some help getting the button out, we didn't go to Children's this time and went to Mercy which is much closer.  I'm pretty sure we made the doctor's night. He kept saying "I don't ever get to do this" and "I don't usually get to see this kind of stuff". He also looked like he could have sat there all night as I told him the very brief version of Parker's history. We were home pretty quick...all better and a brand new button.



No comments:

Post a Comment